Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Elections

I don't know about you, but I am still a bit unbelieving of the election results. I knew the Republicans would do well, but not as well as they ended up doing. I am a registered Republican, but normally split my vote and I do not vote strictly along party lines, but by the issues and the individuals. In fact, when I ran for office in Georgia for the State House as a Republican, there were no important issues or candidates (all of them were running unopposed) on the Republican ballot so I voted on the Democratic ballot in the primaries. Boy, did I ever get into trouble with the Republican establishment. However, as the more important issues were on the Democratic, and the decision would be made as to whom I would face in the general election, I though it more important to vote as a Democrat than as a Republican. I guess I was a bit ahead of my time.

Speaking of individuals, now that things are beginning to lean back toward what this country stands for, I am going to do my best to try and persuade Newt Gingrich to run in 2012. Please let me know how you feel. I know him personally and firmly believe that he is one of the smartest Americans around that really understands this country and it's constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment