Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Wedding

Pat and I are in Georgia now. We came back to attend the wedding of a good friend of ours. He is 40 and this is his first time. We never thought we would see the day.

Max is not your normal kind of guy, but someone very special to us. Like me, he likes to travel. But, when I lean toward a nice leisurely river cruise, he opts for a jungle expedition in South America. And, being a bit on the adventurous side, his wedding was anything but the norm. He held his wedding in a railroad museum, the Southeastern Railroad Museum, and they (he and Jennifer) were married on the observation platform at the back of a vintage Pullman car. It was the same private car once used by President Warren G. Harding. I will post pictures of their wedding as soon as I download them from my camera.

Pat and I are also taking the opportunity of being in Georgia again (We used to live here in Douglasville, just west of Atlanta, but moved to Rio Rico, Arizona when we retired.) to visit with our kids and grandchildren. We are having a great time visiting with them. They live in Calhoun, Georgia where my son-in-law, Jarrett has a computer business (http://www.surpasssoftware.com/) in Calhoun, and my daughter, Diane, teaches Spanish at Christian Heritage School in Dalton, Georgia where our grandkids, Justin and Diane, attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment