Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Don’t Throw Away Your Old Underwear

Okay – I know this is really going to sound crazy. But, it is something I have been doing for years and it works. When my underwear is about seen its best days, instead of trashing it, I wash it a put it away for future travels. I also do the same thing with socks, as well as other items of clothing that are still usable, but just ready to replace.
Now, when it comes time to travel, I pack the old stuff and just throw it away when I am finished with it. This is an especially great thing to do when traveling overseas as I end up with extra space in my luggage for bring home souvenirs on my return flight. Also, it can be a lot of fun shopping for that special piece of clothing while on vacation in some exotic location. And, if you buy too much, you can always find a cheap piece of luggage for that extra stuff. Or, just ship it home.
Now, I am not suggesting that you keep the socks with holes in them, or the underwear that is more wear and under. And, I wouldn’t want you to save shirts, blouses or slacks that are full of holes or frayed to the extent that they really look bad. Just those items whose time has come because of being dated or perhaps pretty well faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment